Saturday, February 11, 2012

Valentine's Day Happy List

Since V-Day is around the corner I thought I would make a Happy List for the day of the things I love. I think it goes without saying that I could make a very long list of people I love...if you're reading this then you're probably one of them because no one else would put up with this somewhat narcissistic drivel.

A Happy List for February 14, 2012
-Grape soda lupine along the roadside.
-The first sip of a vanilla latte, mostly foam a little bit of latte.
-That quiet moments, early on Saturday morning when the world is gently waking up.
-Watching students go from being hesitant writers to excited writers.
-Losing 14 inches and 42 pounds...hopefully never to find again :)
-Mexican Coke
-Dreaming big dreams of wonderful and creative things
-Lettuce fresh from the garden
-The sky right before it rains, especially late in the afternoon when there are "god-rays" in the distance.
-Longer daylight hours, which means not getting home in the dark
-Making soup from a chicken carcass and some veggies
-Waking up before my alarm and realizing I have another hour to sleep
-Finding out that I can do once-impossible things
-Grilled cheese and thick tomato soup

Update: After marinating on this list for a few days, I thought of some more this I am enamored with.
-Girl Scout cookie season
-Wait Wait Don't Tell Me podcasts
-www.colormekatie.blogspot.com
-Stirring ice cream until it is smooth, this reminds me of my dad for some reason.
-French onion soup from Trader Joes
-Freezing beverages until they are slushy, but not frozen solid
-Mo Willems
-The Hunger Games trilogy
-The names of nail polish, house paints, and crayons
-Using a brand new, fresh out of the package sponge
-Homemade pretzels

No comments:

Post a Comment