Saturday, November 12, 2011

Ms. A., An American Hero

A panoramic of where I live my life.

We just started a research unit on famous people. We are researching people and then writing biographical essays before Christmas. On the first day, we brainstormed some famous people who would be good to write about. We decided that they had to be famous for something that was unique, they couldn't be celebrities, and they had to help people in some way. We came up with a great list; Marie Curie, Michelle Obama, Ghandi, Ben Franklin, Cesar Chavez, Martin Luther King Jr., Dr. Seuss. The Who's Who of famous people. (They were a little confused about how Barack Obama could be the president and George Washington was also the president...I guess when you're 7 there is not a big difference between the far away past and the recent past).

Then one of my little friends said, "Ms. A." and all the kids started to agree that I was indeed a famous person worth writing a biography report about. I apparently did not do a good enough job explaining exactly what the qualifications were for this report. I told them that they could not do a project on me even though I am famous at school, I am not a celebrity, and I help people learn. I was flattered....I wonder if they knew parent teacher conferences were coming up this week...hmm.

Well since the first semester is done and it is closing in on the 50th day of school next week I thought now would be a great time to post the pictures that are from the beginning of school.


There's the area that gets piled higher and deeper throughout the semester.



The classic kidney bean table, Lakeshore calendar, and pocket chart...staples of 2nd grade.


The front of the room. It looks different now...50 days later and more things going on.


The word wall is full now. I love our little library.



Some of my favorites so far this year.

1 comment:

  1. Two Things:
    1. You're an American Hero in my eyes.
    2. I wanna be in your class.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete